INDEPENDENT HOOPS RULES & REGULATIONS
- Games will consist of Two (2) Sixteen-minute (16) halves for 6th -12th Grade with a stop clock. Games will consist of Two (14) Fourteen-minute halves for 3rd-5th Grade games with a stop clock.
- Warm-ups will be 4 minutes and Half Time will be 5 minutes.
- OVERTIME: 3 Minutes for First Overtime, 2nd Overtime is Sudden Death.
- Regulation sized ball (29.5) for ALL 6th – 12th grade games. The small ball (28.5) will be used for 3rd-5th grade games (The home team must provide the game ball if the tournament does not provide the game ball.)
- Each team will be allotted five timeouts total (2 full / : 60 second & 3 thirty / :30 second) per game. One extra thirty (:30 second) timeout will be allotted in each overtime period. (Unused timeouts will roll-over to overtime.)
- Only one coach at a time can be standing during the game.
- Fouls: Team fouls 7-9 results in a 1-and-1 situation (per half). Team fouls 10 or more results in a two-shot penalty (per half).
- AAU age/grade rules will be in effect and strictly enforced.
- A player will be disqualified from the game after their sixth (6) personal fouls.
- The home team is the 1st/top team listed on the schedule/bracket. The home team will wear light (white) colored jerseys and the visiting team will wear dark (non-white) colored jerseys.
- Any coach ejected for fighting will be ineligible for the remainder of the Independent Hoops Circuit.
- Players ejected for fighting are ineligible to participate in the team’s next game. Additional penalties, up to exclusion from the Independent Hoops Circuit, may be imposed by the Rules Committee.
- If a coach or player is ejected from a game for unsportsmanlike behavior (not fighting), he will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game.
- If a coach or player is ejected a second time, he will be ineligible for the remainder of the Independent Hoops Circuit.
- Coaches or Players who leave the bench to engage athletes or coaches on the playing floor may be suspended by the Rules Committee for any period up to the duration of the tournament or circuit.
- The Rules Committee may impose suspensions or other penalties for misbehavior which occurs at any time and at any location during the event.
- Coaches and Athletes who engage in misbehavior are subject to additional disciplinary action from the Independent Hoops Boys’ Basketball Executive Committee. Penalties may include suspension from Independent Hoops events in future years.
BENCH PERSONNEL/DRESS CODE
- All non-uniformed persons on the bench shall dress appropriately to the occasion.
- A team may have on its bench only the eligible persons listed on its official roster, including three (3) non-players (coaches, ball boy, scorekeeper, etc.). Only eligible players may wear uniforms on the bench.
- At least one-person age 18 or older must be on the bench at all times. If as the result of a removal, illness, etc., no roster member of the minimum age of 18 available, tournament administrators shall select a person of suitable age to supervise the bench.